Victoria Haines #10 6.1
ELA -Food Memoir
6/1/16
Better Than Dominos
I looked out the window, thinking “what am going to eat?” Suddenly my baby sister tap my leg,
Crying to me saying “juice juice,juice” she had her sippy cup and stared at with these big brown
eyes. I open my refrigerator and gave her juice, you’re probably wondering where is mom at this
point right? Well she’s at the store and the crazy thing is she wouldn’t said what she would make
for dinner. I started to get worried that she was going to make disgusting stuffing or even
spaghetty, those are my least favorite dinners.Then I heard the door open my baby sister yelled
“Mommy,mommy,mommy.” I turn around with a smile on face, hoping it’s my favorite dinner pizza.
I ran to her while she was hugging my baby sister. I picked up the food she dropped on the floor.
I put it down on the table to see what’s inside the bag and it appeared to be a pizza cutter,dough,
flour,and tomato sauce. Then I asked my mom, “What are we going to have for dinner?” She
answered, ‘’Pizza, you’re favorite right?” “Yeah, but homemade?” I said, starting to get worried
If was going to end well. “Oh, please vikki it’ll end well and I promise because I have your
grandmother’s cookbook.” My mom said with a smile on her face,then I thought twice “Maybe it
wouldn’t be at all?” I said “That’s the spirit.” My mom happily and now with a smile on my face.
“Now let’s get started shall we?” She said. “We shall.” I said laughing when my mom play we are
from the greek times. I started to think what am I going to do first. “Wash your hands, sweetie!”
My mom yelled because she was at the back to get something out. So I came into my big kitchen
which already smell like pizza, I looked in my wood kitchen cabinet with a silver handle and then I
open to see what can I use for making pizza or even pizza-like.Afterwards, I grabbed the dough
and just how I see in a pizza commercial.I didn’t want to start without my mom but she was kind of
Taking too long. Then my baby sister came after she drank her juice and then my mom came out
of the blue,”I’m here,I’m here.“ My mom said, I realize what she bought and it was my radio that I
had for a long time ago I was happy because once in a lifetime I get to make something natural
and a fun thing with my family because I know this won’t happen all the time. “Now let’s get A
started.”My mom laugh with pain because of her back. “Yay.pizza,pizza,pizza” I laugh because
my sister is just like me when I feel about pizza.”Victoria, you start rolling the dough but
remember to put into.” My mom said when i laugh and reply, “Ok, mom I try slowly and with
love.”After that I was finish by rolling the dough my mom said,”Now I put the sauce on top of
the dough and we’re halfway there.” “Yay,pizza,pizza,pizza” My baby sister yelled and she was
happy that I thought that she was about to jump on the walls.Meanwhile,Valerie gotten the cheese
strapes I started to get, so I started get worry and I called my mom to tell. She said in a playful
serious, “Don’t worry I gave the cheese just watch her and don’t let her drop because you’ll
know I don’t like messes.” Then I just laugh because I always know when she’s joking
and being for real.So,then I helped my baby sister by picking her up and I told her to drop it
“In 3...2...1, yay pizza.”Me and my baby sister said when we drop the cheese, “Are finish with
the pizza because there isn’t pizza without toppings on it”My mom popped up with my favorite
toppings and her favorite toppings then I put down my baby sister because she get heavy to
carry but she rise her arms to get carry again but said “No,no,no.”So then my mom picked up
my baby sister “alright now let gets to the fun piece.”My mom said “Well mostly this was fun all
the way.”I said smiling because I love spending family time with any possible way I can get.
Meanwhile when we finish putting the toppings, we all together put the pizza on the trade.
After 25 minutes of checking and hoping how the pizza I wanted to be.”Wow, look at the pizza
Victoria and Valerie hurry up!” Me and my baby was racing to see about how does the pizza look
like because I want to see how family time looks like.I look and smell of the pizza, I trying to see
how the pizza but the smell of the cheese and sauce of the pizza just got to me. Until,my mom
gave me the plate and laugh at me, so then I laugh to and until my baby sister started to laugh
because she always copy something I’ll always do which means she always looking up at me.
Then when I start taking the first bite fun and lovely pizza with my family and I fell in love with the
pizza and the better is it was better than dominos.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.