Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Nalani Harvey#11                                                                                           6.1
ELA-food memoir
June.2,2016


It was  Mother’s Day and my mom went out two nights before to celebrate with her friends. Then the very night before she went out with my dad for Mother’s Day as well. Although I don’t know where they went because my little brother, Kai, and I were at my grandmother’s house. When they we on their way to pick us up me and him were half asleep.It was around 11:00pm when they came.We  have a car ,but my dad doesn’t like driving at night sometimes. So my mom called a cab, we got in it after a few minutes  and we went home.When we got home my brother and I got straight into  our pajamas and fell asleep like babies that  hadn’t  had their nap.
In the morning when Kai and I woke up we also woke my dad up. We woke him up at  around 5:00am.We got up that early because my mom wakes up really early no matter what time she went to sleep.So my dad and i was thinking of things to make for my mom for her Mothers Day breastfast
“So daddy what should we make for her?- I said
“I don’t know Lani”- he said with a tired voice
Then I saw a text on my mom’s phone.It was from my aunt it said …..
“You guys should come to our house on your way to Manhattan”
I showed my dad the text. We decide to go to my aunt’s house and both fell back to sleep.While my brother already asleep snoring like a kid yelling.
When  we woke up again my mom had no idea what was happening.      
“Guys what is going “ -  with  a confused voice
“ just get ready and I’ll call a cab since the car in still in Manhattan, but don’t ask questions or you will ruin the surprise - I said .
“Oh .…ok” - she said still a little confused
She had no idea where we were going.We got into a cab and headed straight for my aunt’s house in the Bronx The car pull
“Guys why are we at aunties house - she said
“To visit  her on Mother’s Day ,come on” - I said trying to hide the surprise
We knocked on the door and my auntie was so happy to see us . When you walk in her house you see that it’s an upstairs  and downstairs ,she has a big living room with a flat screen , nit nacks and pictures.She had two beautiful  blue ocean  themed bathrooms and  a big kitchen. We were in the kitchen and living room the most and the whole house smelled like Febreze which was the plug ins.
“So what are you guys really doing here I know it wasn’t just my text message.- my aunt said with excitement
“No it is from just the text ,we want to spend time with you on Mother’s Day - I said asill trying to keep the surprise
She was surprised , but didn’t seem to care about the real reason we were  there. Some of my other family were there too.here is a list of people


Main people
Me
Kai
My mom
My dad
Demani ( younger cousin0
Cousins
Tanaisa (older)
Jaquari (older)
Tre tre (older)
Sonny boy (older)
Nesisha      (older)      
Aunts
Rozy (In  the military)
Tamera -the house we are at
Dominque
Delu ( my uncle)
Tawana
We went to see them and then my aunts and mom had to stay upstairs so we can do the surprise without them knowing or walking into it when we aren’t ready.
“So guys what should we make for their special breakfast.-my dad and uncle with a whisper  so they wouldn’t heae
“ how about chicken and waffles” - my cousin Tanaisa  said with a whisper
“ Yeah and some of them we can put on  sticks like fruit baskets ,ohh and we can actually have fruit baskets- I said extremely excitedly with a whisper.
“Ok  we can do that”-everyone said at the same time quietly
Fortunately  my aunt had this stuff like sticks ,whipped cream, fruits and stuff from a different event she had.So half of us put together the fruit basket ,another half made the waffle and chicken basket and just the waffles and chicken.While we were making the food it smelled like chicken pancakes and bread in the kitchen , the waffles looked fluffy ,chicken krispy,the dough felt like thick clay and we  heard the timer yell and scream as quietly as possiable as it was all done
                                     
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
WAFFLES                                                                                                        CHICKEN

-Heat waffle iron to medium low heat                                        - Heat  oil to medium low heat
-Combine 2 cups of waffle mix 11/2 of water and                       -Wash and season chicken
11/3 cup of oil                                                                               - Flour the chicken
- Stur until lumps disappear                                                            - Place chicken in the oil
-Pour batter into buttered waffle iron                                               - Cook until golden brown
-Bake until golden brown
We brought the dining table in the living room and set everything up pretty with red and pink and put red and pink  roses leading from upstairs back downstairs.After we were done we went upstairs and told them to close their eyes and we carefully walked them downstairs.They stood in a straight line right next to each other and when they all open their eyes
       “HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY” !!!!!!!!!!
They were all surprised and thankful.We all ate some because we were hungry and they couldn’t finish it all. We were also talking about things that was happening to us in the year as we ate.This is how I spent my mother’s day about 4 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.