Lateeef Wilson #32 6.1
Aunt Janice’s house, the center of beautiful culinary concoctions for my family. If it’s pancakes to pizza, or doughnuts to fish dishes you can find all these amazing dishes at aunt Janice’s
house in Queens. Out of all the amazing dishes that she has made my favorite was the turkey burgers
she made on Thanksgiving in 2014. The two and a half hour travel on the Metro North to Queens was
worth it because I got to taste the tender turkey burgers.
I was picked up by my uncle Gabriel or as I have called him since I was very small, Uncle G. Due to my mother’s extremely busy schedule, she was not able to attend the dinner this year. Me and my uncle have a lot in common, we both love anime, art, video games, star wars, and technology. This may not be the best thing at all times, since we both love technology so much we were on our phones most of the time. This time especially because I was a little upset since my mom’s boss mandated her. I had got there two days prior to Thanksgiving and I had done all my homework prior.
When I got inside, everyone as always grew very loud. My already extremely loud great uncle screamed “ HEY BOY!!” as he repeatedly smacked me on my back with hands that could easily fit around my head. I went to hug my aunt Janice but my Uncle G intervined and said, “ Boy, come back!” He pointed at the ground to the right of him. It took me a while but I noticed he was pointing at the sneaker tray. As soon as you walk in the door there is a plastic tray where there are some of there shoes. Before I could say hi to my aunt Janice, I removed my sneakers and set them next to my uncle’s.
My uncle Vernon went the left to sit down and watch television in the living room. My uncle G and I walked down the narrow hallway and about halfway across the length of the we turned left to to his room. As soon as we walked in we turned on the PlayStation 4. For about an hour we played Star Wars Battlefront. My uncle suddenly paused the game. He said “ Alright boy here’s a towel, go take a shower, you need to look presentable at the dinner table.” I logout my player and go into the bathroom. After my shower I go to see what my aunt Janice is up to.
“ Hi aunt Janice watcha doing.” I ask, “ “Just preparing tonight's dinner” I look around the living room and notice there were some new faces in the living room. “TIA” I screamed. “Hey nephew” Then a lot of new family members come. Ugh I thought, all they do is talk about boring stuff I thought. While the adults talked about old people stuff I went to my aunt in the kitchen. She said she needed help. I got to mold the burgers, make the egg salad, and toss the salad. About an hour later I announced that it was time to eat. We stood around the table and said grace. After an amazing Thanksgiving I unfortunately had to head home the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.