Jose Rodriguez #26 6.2
Ela - food memior
6/21/16
THE PUMPKIN
It was a cool and sunny day on the upper east side of Manhattan. That day like every single day of second grade we went to the basement of the school. We ate breakfast before we went on a trip to a garden. It was on a yellow school bus which was a long and for the most part a smooth ride but when we got there it was really bumpy. The reason for this is because when we arrived there were a lot of rocks on the ground. I was talking to my friend during the entire bus ride. We were talking about Beyblades because at the time that was all we liked. Once we got to the farm it smelled like animal. It was disgusting and I already nauseous. We went to the farm to pick pumpkins. We met these really nice people who told us about different types of pumpkins and when they grow and what they need to grow. At that time, I was really young and very interested. Towards the end of the day they let us pick our own pumpkins. At the end of the trip we returned to the school in a school bus. Once again I felt the same way as I did when the trip started, nauseous and not wanting to be on the bus. On the bus ride back to the school, I spoke to same person I spoke to when we started the trip. However, we did not talk about the same thing we spoke about what we were going to do we get home. It was very interested but I had a hard time listening because I didn’t feel well. Finally we got back to the school with the same smooth ride that we came with. Once again I got off the bus feeling okay and better than before when we were on the bus. It was a long day but it did not feel like it though. I had after school after the trip so that meant I had to stay until 6 o'clock at school. So I had to do my homework in the first period of after school. My second period was to go play basketball. Finally it was 6 o'clock and my grandfather came to pick me up from the school. I went home with the pumpkins. It was close to Halloween so we made a jack o-lantern on one of the pumpkins. My mom and I also made pumpkin pie with pumpkins that were left. My grandparents and my mom were the ones who ate the pumpkin pie because I don't like pumpkin. They said it was really good but I still was hesitant to try it. The day finally ended and I was happy that I went on the trip. I was also happy because I got to make something with my mom for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.