Mother’s Day Pancakes
It was a wet rainy morning 5:30 am. Me and my father woke up from our bed. We lived in a small city apartment. The May chilly morning weather pouring outside making noise. Today we were master chefs. I brushed my teeth, washed my hands then my father and went to the kitchen turned on the lights and I said, “LET'S GET COOKING”.
We got the pancake mix, milk, butter, eggs, and vegetable oil. We put one cup of the Log Cabin ® pancake mix inside a bowl, along with 1 egg, a teaspoon of vegetable oil, and ⅔ cup of milk.
“Justin while you stir I’ll get the pan ready for the batter,” my dad said.
“What do I do after I stir?” I said confused.
“Do you not know how to make pancakes?”
“Nope,” I answered. While I stirred what was in the bowl my dad turned on the stove. He got the pan out and rubbed and put it over the fire. He then rubbed the golden butter onto the pan. It made a nice sizzling sound like when you fry an egg.
SIZZLE
CRACKLE
SIZZLE
CRACKLE.
SIZZLE
CRACKLE.
When I finished stirring, he told me that you had to pour two spoonfuls of the batter on top of each other to have a chance to make nice circled pancakes. In total we made 3 pancakes. “When there are little holes popping in the pancakes you want to flip them over.” he instructed.
“How about you do it.” Dad took this stick, which I learned was a spatula, and flipped it over. We admired the gold of the side. “Mom’s going to love these,” I thought to myself. Then I flipped another pancake. Same result. My dad flipped the third one, and it was a little darker than the others, but it looked just as fluffy as the other two. After we took out the pancakes and stacked them up on a plate. Then we put maple syrup in a small microwavable bowl to make the syrup nice and warm. We poured the syrup onto the Leaning Tower of Pancakes. And it was beautiful!
My dad put the pancakes on a tray to eat breakfast in bed. Mom finally woke up. We turned on the lights. The time was about 6:10am. The rain had toggled and instead of wetness in the air you smelled the golden, fluffy, Leaning Tower of Pancakes rule our sense of smell.
“What's thi…” she started to speak but we interrupted.
“HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!” me and my dad yelled in sync.
“What would you like to drink?” We asked as if we were waiters at a good restaurant.
“Orange juice made from freshly squeezed oranges,” she responded. When I left to get the glass of Tropicana orange juice I heard, “These Pancakes are delicious. Who did you pay to make them?” She probably thought that they were just that good that she thought some master chef made them. But NO! It was I, Master Chef Justin and Sir Dad the Great Chef. And together no recipe could not be cooked.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.