Michael Zumba#33 6.2
ELA - Food Memoir
6/4/16
In my old school, every year, near the end of the school year, we would always do fun and exciting things in or out of the school. Following this, sort of, tradition, one year, my whole school made pancakes and brought them to school.
One morning, I, a third grader, woke up very early like always, but this time a little more tired than usual. I was more tired than usual because I played a full weekend soccer tournament. I was exhausted of all the sweating, kicking, panting, and running, in the hot desert like open fields, I did all weekend. Even though I was more tired than a cheetah after running for a super long time on its maximum speed, I was elated. I was elated because my team won the weekend long tournament. I was elated because my team prepared so much and hard for the tournament, like it would be the the last couple of games we would ever play in our lives. So that’s why I was so tired when I woke up.
After I did all the things I needed to do, like refresh myself with a warm shower and change into the boring school clothes, I went to the good smelling kitchen. As I entered the kitchen, the smell of the delicious food floated into my nose. As I entered the bright kitchen, my sleepy eyes were just beginning to adapt to the bright lights of the kitchen. The reason why my eyes were so drowsy was because I just woke up and my room was dark so it only adapted to darkness. When I entered the kitchen, the first thing I see to my right, is a huge refrigerator. When I saw the refrigerator I compared it to a redwood tree, because of the height. When I looked to my left I saw two huge tables with a million things on top of them. After all the things at the beginning in the kitchen, there followed a long row of shelves and cabinets at each side. But half way down the row there stood a kitchen sink and a stove. But at the end of the row there stood a tall, black colored hair women in pajamas, which was my mom.
I started to talk to her, “Good morning mom.”
She replied, “Good morning, my son.”
I said,”What are you making for breakfast?”
She said,”I am only going to give you a yogurt because you are going to eat pancakes at school, remember?”
I responded, “Oh, yes, yes, I forgot, I have to make my own pancakes and bring them to school.” Then I asked my mom, “Where were the ingredients I needed to make my pancakes?”
She replied, “There up in the third cabinet from the right and in the refrigerator.”
When I looked in the cabinet and the refrigerator,I found the pancake mix, the eggs, milk, and blueberries. After I gathered all the ingredients and utensils I started mixing the batter. Then I made the pancakes. After I made all the pancakes I took paper towels and wrapped the pancakes in it. After that I wrapped it in tin foil. I put it in a bag, so I could take it with me to school. Then after I was done making my pancakes, my mom gave me a yogurt and I ate it. Then I gathered all my stuff and headed out to school with the excitement that it is going to be a fun day. I also had the thing in my mind that reminded me that today was the last day of school and that after this day I had a two month vacation. Then, I walked to school, which felt like I only had to walk for one second because the school was so close. When I got there I went directly to the lunchroom because we were told to go there when we got there. When I entered the lunchroom most of my friends were already there. After a while all of the students arrived one by one. Then we were told we could eat our pancakes now as a big and happy school. When I took a bite of my pancakes it wasn’t warm like it was when I just made them. But it did taste like it was the best pancakes I’ve ever had. After we ate our pancakes we all wrote and described how it tasted, smelled, looked, and felt.
After that, everyone agreed that, that was the most fun school.
Recipe
Ingredients
2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup fresh or Cascadian Farm® frozen organic blueberries (thawed)
Directions
- Gather all the ingredients and utensils.
- Mix the pancake mix, milk, and eggs.
- Make the pancakes on a pan (or any other pot or grill)
- While you make the pancakes on the pan (or any other pot or grill) put blueberries on the pancakes.
- Take off you pancakes off the pan (or any other pot or grill).
- Enjoy your blueberry pancakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.